“Teaching local children to manage their diabetes every day until there is a cure.
Supporting families, preventing complications and improving lives.”
Happy Father’s Day! Check out a special reflection from John Tate about being a d-dad. Thanks for sharing your thoughts in our latest blog post.
DOWNLOAD PARENT AND CAMPER MANUALS: All manuals are available for download. Please share with your campers.
IMPORTANT CHECK-IN INFORMATION:
BIG SHOTS: Saturday June 17
MIDDLE SHOTS: Friday June 23
– Please arrive at the DYS office at the times designated below. The buses will be leaving PROMPTLY after check-in!
- 8:00 am – Campers with the last name A – M
- 8:30 am – Campers with the last name N – Z
– Proceed to the Large Conference room:
o Review all paperwork with the DYS staff, double check signatures and sign your camper in.
o Answer general health questions with nurse/staff
o Review with nurse:
- Copy of the previous week’s insulin/blood sugar record
- Label ALL medications, and leave with DYS staff for storage in locked tackle boxes by cabin
o Label glucose meter and carrying case (Note: glucose meter will stay with your camper)
o Test meter with control solution
- Make sure memory stores correctly, using current time
o Review your child’s nutrition information with the dietician
*** If you are not using the busing and are taking your child to Recreation Unlimited yourself, please drop-off your child at 11:00 am on designated day***
Summer Pool Party
DYS Goes Back to School
Mud Hens Game
2017 Sweet Success Gala
Tinsel Time Shopping
Thank you to ProMedica for generously donating our office space!